|start date||end date||sleeps||day||week||information|
|Dec 31 2020||open||2||
|information:Immediate rentals only - 1 week min + $125 exit cleaning|
If you are looking for a tastefully decorated apartment with modern renovations, this Hamilton Heights rental may be perfect for you! Situated on the ground floor of a townhouse, this apartment is self-contained and has been thoughtfully furnished to include most necessities. The entrance to the building and the foyer area are shared with another unit on this floor, and there is set of stairs behind a closed door that connect the foyer to the triplex upstairs.
Lined with wood flooring and fully-furnished with contemporary décor, this apartment is ideal for students of City College (campus located nearby) and individuals seeking to live like a native New Yorker in this not-so-touristy district of Manhattan that is close to subway stations (within a block!).
The main room is L-shaped, transitioning from the living area to the kitchen to the sleeping alcove. The private bathroom is situated next to the entrance. Near the entrance, a sofa bed and desk welcome you home. You can eat meals that you have prepared at the kitchen bar, which also can be used for prepping dinner. Before you turn in for the night, you can watch TV while resting in the double size bed. Crown moldings set off the off-white walls for a touch of class. A side door placed to the left of the bed opens to a private outdoor corridor. This narrow terrace is an intimate space that allows you to get some fresh air when needed, though it does not provide a view.
Hamilton Heights is a beautiful uptown community of NYC showcasing brownstones, row housing, parks and historic architecture! Neighborhoods nearby include Manhattanville, Washington Heights, and the greater Harlem area. Listed below are just a few suggestions of where to go during your stay!
- Up All Night Laundry Inc.: Wash your clothes at this nearby Laundromat. Located at Amsterdam Avenue and West 157th Street, about 3 blocks away (approx. 400 meters).
- Broadway, this thoroughfare is two streets to the west of the studio and has small restaurants, banks and shops for daily needs.
- C-Town: Shop for food and basic household needs at this nearby grocery store that is just two streets south down Saint Nicholas Avenue.
- Jackie Robinson Park: Read a book or pack a picnic at this tranquil park, which also has a public swimming pool in the summer! The grounds begin less than a 1/4 of a mile (about 200 meters) from the apartment.
- City College: These gorgeous buildings feature white and brick neo-gothic architecture. Located 2 subway stops south.
- Hamilton Grange National Memorial: This is the relocated residence of Alexander Hamilton’s house. Located at 414 W 141st St. Accessible via foot or train.
- Hamilton Heights Historic District: Architecture and vintage lovers will enjoy the view of these streets showcasing trademark row-housing. It is also the location of Alexander Hamilton’s (one of the United States' founding fathers) original home. Located at W 140th & W 145th St between Amsterdam & St Nicholas Ave. Accessible via foot or subway.
- Hispanic Society of America: Admission is free to this museum focusing on Hispanic culture. Located at 613 W 155th St. Accessible via foot.
The nearest subway stop is literally around the corner! About 300 feet (100 meters) from this studio, there is a C train station, with trains that make local stops along Manhattan's west side. You can also transfer after one stop to the A express train, which will take you to Midtown Manhattan in just two stops! The B and D trains at West 155th Street and 8th Avenue are also an option (approx .3 miles or 500 meters to the east).
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.
Review by: Léa G.,
Aug 27 2019
Accommodation Rental: 7 days
Very nice but a bit far from the center and not many stores in the area. Subway is close by.