|start date||end date||sleeps||day||week||information|
|No availability at this time|
Feel like you are living in the countryside of Paris with this alcove studio apartment that offers a charming experience in a less touristy area of the city – ideal for travelers wishing to experience life as a local Parisian!
Sitting on Rue de Charonne & Rue Trousseau, this alcove studio home resides on the 3rd floor (considered 4th in U.S.) of a four-story walk-up building in the 11th arrondissment of Paris, part of the Bastille area. For maximum convenience, a personal laundry washer/dryer is included in the apartment. A coded security system provides entry to the building.
This charming alcove studio presents beautiful oak floors and an old-world decorative fireplace. Throughout the apartment, five large French windows face south and west, providing natural illumination of the home.
In the main living space one sofa faces a modern cable television and a round dining table for two allows romantic dinners at home. Shelves built into walls provide item storage space. Windows overlook a majestic tree-filled 18th century courtyard with cherrywood trees.
Attached to the main living space on an elevated corner is a full-sized bed. This will act as your sleeping quarter, and is sufficiently far from the living room/dining room area. Bed linens are supplied.
A small kitchenette includes cabinet space and a hanging wine rack. One window provides easy ventilation while preparing food. Some basic cooking appliances are available here, including a microwave, toaster, and fridge. The bright bathroom includes a large window, shower, and fresh towels.
The Bastille community of the 11th arrondissement (near République) is a lively neighborhood brimming with art galleries, cafes, restaurants, and the Marche d’Aligre (fruit and vegetable market that is open six days/week). It is home to a popular nightlife scene and is beloved amongst college students. Listed below are some suggestions of what to do in the area.
- Place de la Bastille: Square where the Bastille prison stood until the ‘Storming of the Bastille’. 0.6mi/900m. Accessible via foot.
- Oberkampf neighborhood: Home to popular nightlife scene. 1mi/1.6km. Accessible via foot or metro.
- Edith Piaf Museum: Private museum offering such Piaf memorabilia as photos, costumes, and personal possessions. 1.2mi/1.9km. Accessible via foot or metro.
For public transportation around Paris walk to any of these metro stations:
- Ledru-Rollin: The closest option, with access to line 8. 400m/0.2mi.
- Bastille: A bigger transit hub that serves three lines: 1, 5, 8. 900m/0.6mi.
- Charonne: Another nearby stop offering service on line 9. 500m/0.3mi.
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.