|start date||end date||sleeps||day||week||information|
|May 01 2021||open||3||
|information:3 nights minimum - WiFi Internet available|
This is a charming one bedroom apartment in Paris' 18th arrondissement, near the Porte de Clignancourt and situated at the foot of Montmartre. It is situated on the 1st floor (known as the 2nd floor by Americans) of a 5-story walk-up building with a coded system at the entrance. With a washer and dryer and many nearby shops, bars and restaurants, this apartment is a great homebase for discovering the City of Lights!
The apartment has a modern touch with some classic elements to add comfort and character, and has windows in every single room to allow in natural light. The living room and bedroom are found on opposite sides of the entrance, with the kitchen in between the two. The living room is perfect for relaxing with a book at the end of a long day, or when you need to get some work done at a desk (a computer will be available for use). In the bedroom, you will find a second seating area facing a flat screen TV with cable. There is also a double size bed in here, with a chandelier to light the space. A crib can be added to the apartment to make it family-friendly on request. The kitchen has sleek grey cabinets to hide the combination washer/dryer, and is ready for you to cook, with an oven and fridge, as well as a toaster, coffee maker and kettle. The bathroom with a combination bathtub/shower is accessible through the bedroom.
The area surrounding this one bedroom apartment has both residential and commercial streets, and is close to the subway, making it a good opportunity for those looking for an authentic Parisian experience. The Porte de Clignancourt is to the north, with Montmartre and its famed Sacre Coeur cathedral to the south. Here are some other highlights of the neighborhood:
- Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (Flea market) at the Porte de Clignancourt, the most famous in the city and largest antique market in the world, accessible on foot, about 700m (.4 mi) from the apartment.
- Sacré Coeur Basilica: take a stroll (or a hike!) through the winding streets that ascend to the peak of Montmartre, where you can visit the unique church or sit on its steps to enjoy a panoramic view of the city (about 1 km/.6 mi).
- Rue de Poteau: Beginning less than 150m (about 500ft) from the apartment, this street is an excellent choice for shopping or a night out, with many small stores and bars. Have a glass of wine at "La Piscine" after a long day of seeing the sights!
- Rue Ordener: just around the corner from this apartment, you can find a street market here for produce and small goods!
- Theatre des Abesses: You can see plays, dance and music performances here (2 stops away on the metro)
The nearest metro stop is Jules Joffrin, which serves the M12 line and is only 350m (about .2 mi) from this vacation rental. The Simplon stop is further (750m/.5 mi) but gives you the option of taking the M4 line, making travel around Paris as easy as possible!
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.