This one-bedroom apartment in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn offers a well-furnished abode within an upcoming neighborhood in NYC's most populous borough! Located on Hart Street and Lewis Avenue, just .3 miles (about 500 meters) from the subway, this apartment sits on the ground floor of a three-story low-rise walk-up building. Included in your stay is private access to an enclosed backyard/garden area, great for finding peace of mind without having to leave the house!
Lined with wood floors and painted in warm colors, this inviting one bedroom home awaits your arrival. In the living room, an area rug lies in the center while two dark brown sofas sit behind it, contrasting with the baby blue walls. Large windows with deep yellow curtains allow bright NYC sunlight to illuminate the space, showcasing a cable television, bookshelf stacked with good reads, and a small coffee table to accommodate table space. There is a staircase in this apartment connecting to the upstairs apartments, however this will be blocked off during rentals.
Bright yellow paint covers the open kitchen walls, complimenting the large set of blond wooden cabinets that accommodate storage for cooking utilities. Included here are a freezer, microwave, oven, coffeemaker, and fridge as well as convenient extras like a toaster, coffee maker, blender and crock pot. Atop the tiled floor rests a dining table with four chairs. Though the kitchen does not include a door, there is a lively red curtain that can separate the rooms, allowing for privacy.
The bedroom is situated at the rear of the apartment, and has a contemporary flair with mint green walls. At 150sqf (13.9sqm), it is nicely-sized and contains a queen-sized bed with fresh sheets. Also supplied are dresser drawers for item storage, full-length mirror, clock, and large window looking to the backyard.
Bedford-Stuyvesant is becoming more and more popular in Brooklyn each year, bearing many beloved restaurants, bars, and attractions in addition to its historic and lovely architecture that lines the streets. Listed below are just a few choices of where to wander around your new neighborhood:
- For local conveniences, take a stroll to Broadway, a little over 2 blocks east of this one bedroom, which has grocery stores, delis, ATMs and cafes
- Brooklynite Gallery: Art Gallery at 334 Reid Avenue. (1.3mi/2.1km from apartment).
- Peaches: Southern-inspired restaurant at 393 Lewis Avenue, great for brunch or dinner! (0.9mi/1.5km to the south).
- Miss Master's Closet: Vintage shop at 1070 Bedford Avenue. (1.2mi/1.9km to the east)
- Goodbye Blue Monday: Popular bar featuring live music on Broadway (a little over 3 blocs away or about 700 meters)
- Von King Park: Small but active recreation area at Marcy/Tompkins Avenue between Greene & Lafayette Avenues. (0.7mi/1.1km from apartment.)
- Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA: Join the exercise center with a pool and gym at 1121 Bedford Avenue. (1.4mi/2.2km from apartment.)
While in Bed-Stuy, be sure to check out the surrounding and popular Brooklyn communities of Williamsburg (G train), Clinton Hill (G train), Crown Heights (a brief bus ride to the south) and Bushwick (just on the eastern side of Broadway)!
For public transportation around Brooklyn or into Manhattan, walk to Myrtle Avenue and Broadway (0.4mi/550m from apartment) to hop on the J, M, or Z trains, which go to the Lower East Side in as few as 5 stops. Alternatively, you can walk a bit further to Myrtle-Willoughby Avenues and Marcy Avenue (0.6mi/1.0km from apartment) to hop on the G train, which runs south - north, from lower Brookyn to Queens.