|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|Jun 15 2018||open||2||
|information:Electric, gas, internet & weekly cleaning included; 2 month max|
Located in the picturesque Paris community of Montparnasse in the 14th arrondissement, this one-bedroom apartment for rent sits on Boulevard Edgar Quinet between Boulevard Raspail and Avenue du Maine. It resides on the 2nd floor (considered 3rd in U.S.) of a three-story century walk-up building dating from 1851 and is less than 25 meters (about 80 feet) from the nearest metro stop!
For added convenience, a private laundry washing-machine is available in the house, and there is a drying rack in the bathroom. To ensure privacy and easy guest entry, an intercom/security system is in place.
Fully furnished with eclectic accessories, this home offers ample double-glazed windows to create a bright and calm living environment.
The living room includes mostly wooden and antique furniture atop wooden flooring. Highlights of this room include a round dining table for two and a single sized sofa bed. The kitchen opens onto this room, creating a pleasant atmosphere for conversation while preparing meals. Appliances include a dishwasher, a fridge with freezer, two halogen cooking plates and a combination oven/microwave.
The bedroom provides a double-sized bed with a large window which overlooks the tree-lined promenade and street below. Also included is a desk and bookshelf.
Montparnasse is in the 14th arrondissement of Paris bordering the 6th arrondissement. The ideal placement of this one bedroom apartment keeps you close to the center of the city and nearby many famous tourist attractions, as well as the neighboring community of Alésia. Notable one-time residents of this neighborhood include Pablo Picasso, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Ernest Hemingway. Listed below are some suggestions of where to go during your stay.
- Tour Montparnasse: This is one of the tallest skyscrapers in France, towering at 210m/689ft and is just one street east of the apartment!
- Rue de la Gaite: This is a popular shopping center. It is famous for its theatres and restaurants. Le café Tournesol (a popular pub) and Hymalaya (a popular restaurant) reside here. Found just around the corner, about 240m (.1mi) away.
- Jardin du Luxembourg: This is the second largest public park in Paris. Located just over the border in the 6th arrondissement (850m or approx. ½ a mile).
- Rue de Rennes: This nearby street is brimming with trendy shops and restaurants. The popular restaurant Le Trait d'Union resides here. Situated 900m (about ½ a mile) to the north.
- St Germain des Prés: This trendy neighborhood is not far and offers an escape from most tourists. It includes many cafes, bistros, shops, restaurants, and churches. Shops here include A.P.C. (clothing), Boulevard Raspail (outdoor flea market), and Conran Shop (furniture). Located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, 75006.
For public transportation around Paris, walk just outside the building to find the Edgar Quinet metro station serving the 6 Line (27m/90ft). For a larger transit hub, you may walk to the Montparnasse-Bienvenue metro station serving the 4, 6, 12, and 13 Lines (400m/0.2mi).
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.
Review by: Jeffrey K.,
Dec 06 2006
From: United States,
Apartment Rental: 1 month
This was the second time we stayed at this apartment. It is wonderful! [The landlady] is a wonderful, kind and considerate person.