|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|Oct 01 2020||open||4||
|information:Electric (up to $60/month), NetFlix & WiFi included; $60 exit cleaning fee|
Welcome to this 2-bedroom furnished apartment in Midwood, Brooklyn. Occupying the 2nd floor (considered as the 1st in Europe) of a 4-story low-rise building, it is situated between 19th Street and Avenue H in south central Brooklyn. The building provides a intercom system for residents as well as a shared laundry room, and is conveniently located near a subway station and Brooklyn College – perfect for students or families seeking a residential neighborhood with direct access to Manhattan (Q line). There is also a common courtyard area for residents -- the laundry facilities are reachable only by crossing this area.
Lined with wood floors and decorated tastefully, this apartment offers a classic building details in a peaceful neighborhood. Both the living room and master bedroom (Bedroom #1) have crown moldings, and the bedroom also has the remnants of a wooden fireplace. The living room is furnished with two chairs, a dining table with chairs, a flat screen television, and two extra-long windows with curtains. Here you can relax during lazy nights at home or entertain your new friends in NYC. The kitchen is tiled and is a pleasant separate space in which to prepare meals. Cooking full meals at home is a great asset that may save you a lot! The bathroom is tiled and includes a medicine cabinet with vanity lights as well as a window for ventilation.
Both bedrooms are similar in exposure and feel, and are conveniently laid out for apartment shares, with the bathroom situated in between them. Bedroom 1 spans 200sqf (18.5sqm) and is accessorized modernly. Included here are a queen-sized bed, night stand, dressers for storage and a window facing surrounding buildings. Bedroom 2 spans 150sqf (13.9sqm) and provides a cozy, contemporary ambiance. Included in this room is a queen-sized bed, desk with stools, matching night stands and a window with view of surrounding architecture.
Midwood, Brooklyn is a largely residential NYC neighborhood in south central Brooklyn, near Kensington and Flatbush. Here, you can sleep within a calm community, while remaining within commuter reach of Manhattan. Below are some options of what to visit during your stay in this two bedroom unit.
- Brooklyn College: Located just ½ a mile away (0.8km) from the apartment, this gorgeous campus is open to the public. Potential students may find this home a great alternative to dorming.
- Coney Island Beach: A short train ride away (10 stops on the Q) or a pleasant bike ride at 4.9mi (7.8km) from the apartment. This beach is filled with sunbathers in the summer, and is a great place to soak in the sun.
- Coney Island Boardwalk: This famous boardwalk features the original Nathan’s hot dogs restaurnat and Brooklyn’s beloved Cyclone rollercoaster! The local baseball team, the Cyclones, offer a fun alternative to Yankee and Mets games as well!
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: 2.8mi (4.5km) north of the apartment is Brooklyn Botanic Garden, a peaceful getaway filled with nature just off of Prospect Park; it can serve as a welcoming change from the urban environment surrounding you! Prospect Park itself is also a great place to visit, and can be reach in 4 subway stops.
- The Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum: 2.7mi (4.3km) from the apartment is New York City’s oldest house and first official landmark.
For transportation around Brooklyn and into Manhattan, walk to Avenue H and East 16th Street to hop on the Q train. This can take you past Prospect Park to the Barclays Center (8 stops) or to downtown Manhattan (10 stops).
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.