|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|Dec 31 2020||open||4||
|information:Wifi included - Electric included up to $50 / month|
Welcome, roommates! This two bedroom in Ridgewood is perfect for shares, with bedrooms on opposite sides of the apartment and common rooms in between. The apartment is on the second floor (considered as the first floor in Europe) of a pleasantly renovated 3-story walk-up townhouse off of the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Himrod Street.
This apartment benefits from double exposure, with windows both to the east and west. Bedroom #1 overlooks a backyard area and has one closet, while Bedroom #2 has two closets and overlooks the street. Both bedrooms easily contain their queen size beds. In the interior of the apartment you have the living room, kitchen and bathroom, all with windows looking towards and adjacent building, but still allowing in natural light. The kitchen is large enough to contain to walls of cabinets and a dining table, and the living room, though narrow, accommodates a double size convertible sofa bed. The high ceilings throughout the apartment accentuate the space and the tastefully chosen furnishings are accented by artwork and rugs, creating a home-like feeling.
This part of Ridgewood is largely residential, but just two blocks (about 450 meters) to the southwest, you have Cypress Avenue, which has convenience shops for daily needs. Walk to the other side of this street and you will cross the border from Queens to Bushwick, Brooklyn! A fun neighborhood to visit that has a range of restaurants and cafes as you wander southwest. Other places that you might want to check out around this two bedroom apartment include:
- Laundromat (about 3 blocks away, or 270 meters)
- Cleveland Park, a nice grassy expanse with trees and a soccer field on Stanhope Street
- Northeast Kingdom, a hip restaurant and bar acclaimed for their stylized comfort food, like mac and cheese and tater tot poutine, about a mile from the apartment (1.4 km), but can also be reached faster with help of the B38 bus
- Hana Natural supermarket, an organic chain in NYC, is just down the street from Northeast Kingdom, a great option for those who want fresh produce (they also are known for their deli sandwiches!)
- The Bodega, on Toutman Steet and St Nicholas Avenue, which is not actually a convenience store, but instead a bar with a wide-range of beer on tap and movie screenings on certain nights
The B38 bus stops one street to the west on Stanhope and Woodward, and will take you directly to the DeKalb L subway station, which runs through Bushwick and Williamsburg to 14th Street in Manhattan. You also have the M train, a fun above-ground option, located a 1/2 a mile to the east (about 800 meters) from the apartment, which goes to the Lower East Side. This apartment allows for fairly easy access to three of New York's five boroughs, it's up to you to discover the Bronx and Staten Island!
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.