|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|information:Electric & gas included up to $100/month & WiFi internet included
Twitter New York Furnished Rental Discount *
Welcome to one of Brooklyn’s oldest and largest neighborhoods; Bedford-Stuyvesant from this fully furnished one bedroom apartment rental on Macon Street and Marcus Garvey Blvd. The apartment is situated on the third floor (second floor for Europeans) of an 18th century brownstone walk-up building. Located in the same building as the Urban Apple Suite (NY-15788), the Blue Sky Treetop Retreat is a private, secluded, and quiet locale. For safety purposes, there is an intercom system at the door, and guests have access to a ROKU box for added entertainment.
The owner is willing to provide any tips or answer any questions about the neighborhood!
The living room of this rental has floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of blue sky and lovely green treetops; with beautiful parquet hardwood floors and peaceful pale blue walls, as well as french doors that lead into the office/den area. Both rooms have decorative pressed tin ceilings. The Living Room is furnished with a sofa that doubles as a queen-sized bed, dining table, WiFi Internet, TV, desk, and air conditioning. The kitchen has a skylight and is fully equipped with a fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, and dishwasher. The bedroom has calming blue-grey walls, hardwood floors, and is furnished with a Queen-sized bed with bedding, and two large windows. There is a ceiling fan with lighting and a small door that leads into a crawl space for storage, as well as two walk-in closets.
Bedford-Stuyvesant is a historic Brooklyn neighborhood with a strong sense of community pride, and a wide array locally owned shops, businesses, restaurants, and more. Just around the corner you will find Peaches Hot House (0.4 mi/600 m), a popular and cozy local restaurant for Southern comfort food with Southern classics such as mac ‘n cheese, blackened catfish, and fried chicken. The Brooklynite Gallery (0.6 mi/1.0 km) is a non-traditional exhibit space that focuses on pop art prints and paintings with an urban edge. Indulge in some authentic Mexican food at Tepache (0.1 mi/160 m), serving up fajitas, burritos, and other well-known Mexican dishes at this snug eatery. Some other locations that are within reach from this listing include:
- Peaches: New York restaurant specializing in southern-style comfort food, just two blocks away (about 400m)! Also great for brunch. Spicy food lovers should be sure to try its sister restaurant Peaches HotHouse on Tompkins Avenue and Hancock Street, just slightly further.
- House of Art Gallery: Popular art gallery that is literally just around the corner from this apartment!
- Little Red Boutique: Popular woman’s clothing store, one street to the east.
- Fulton Street: Situated 3 blocks to the south (about 350m), this thoroughfare street has many shops and smaller restaurants for day-to-day needs.
- Von King Park: Small but animated park offering a baseball field and benches for relaxation. Located at Marcy/Tompkins Avenue between Greene and Lafayette Avenues. Accessible via foot or bus.
- A&A Doubles King: Trinidadian bakery offering delicious cakes and freshly baked goods. Located at 481 Nostrand Avenue. Accessible via foot or bus.
- M&M Community Laundry: Nearby laundromat on Tompkins and Hancock Street.
For public transportation around Brooklyn and into Manhattan you have two nearby subway stations that offer options through Brooklyn to Manhattan:
- The closest station is at Kingston-Throop Avenues and Fulton Street (.3 miles / approx. 400m away), serving the C train, making local stops.
- At Utica Avenue and Fulton Street (.6 miles / approx. 900m), there is both the express A train and local C train. The express train will take you to lower Manhattan in just 5 stops!
There is a citibike around the corner on Marcus Garvey Blvd. for those who would enjoy to see New York via bicycle.
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.
Review by: Ciaran C.,
Feb 02 2020
From: United States,
Apartment Rental: 3 months
The apartment was lovely, the landlady is a pleasure to deal with. Value for money and quality of accommodation was excellent. The apartment is fully furnished and extremely comfortable. You can literally arrive with a bag of clothes and be fully functional. We would recommend anyone to stay there. Location is also amazing, 7 mins walk to the C train which gets you to midtown Manhattan in 30 mins, There are lots of nice bars, restaurants and grocery stores in walking distance.
Answer by: Apartment Owner
Jul 29 2020
Thank You Ciaran and Nadya for your wonderful comments. It was also such a pleasure having such wonderful and respectful guests as yourself. You took such wonderful care of the apartment and honored the terms of the Rental Agreement which made our interaction with one another a true joy. You are always welcome to return and I am happy to know that you were satisfied with the accommodations. Thank You So Much Again for your Feedback.
Review by: Laura Katherine C.,
Oct 07 2016
From: United States,
Apartment Rental: 1 month
The apartment was pleasant and comfortable. A very short flight of stairs up a beautiful brownstone in a very exciting and lively part of Brooklyn. We loved the skyline lights in the bathroom and kitchen, and the small study area to the side of the living room. All amenities were top quality and the room was quiet and cozy on the evenings and the mornings. It felt like home when we got in from a long day. The owner was BEYOND wonderful - kind, generous, patient and informative. The owner really made our first month in NYC so pleasant and we're endlessly grateful to them for their hospitality and generosity. A truly great location.