|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|No availability at this time|
Welcome to Bed-Stuy! Located in New York City’s beloved borough of Brooklyn, this three-bedroom duplex apartment offers commodious living space in the ever-changing neighborhood of Brooklyn, once home to the likes of Jay-Z, Tracy Morgan, and Norah Jones. Located on Monroe Street and Lewis Avenue, the NYC abode dwells on the 2nd and 3rd floors (considered 1st and 2nd in Europe) of a three-story walk-up pre-war building.
Please note that this apartment can be rented as either a private sublet of the entire unit or as a roommate share situation, where the three bedrooms are rented separately and the common areas (living room, kitchen and bathroom) are shared.
You will feel comfortable and cozy in the charming environment of this pre-war apartment. Bedroom 1 presents classic charm. Here you are welcomed by quiet walls, a decorative fireplace, and a lovely view of surrounding architecture. Included in this space are two twin-sized beds, two windows, air conditioning, a desk and chair for easy engagement in heavy workloads and recreational activities. Additionally, closet space and drawers are available. Bedroom 2 is slightly smaller - though just as charming - and includes a twin-sized bed, air conditioning, one window with view of the street, full-length mirror, desk with chair, and dresser drawers for item storage. Bedroom 3 features a double bed and also has a decorative fireplace.
The living room/dining area of this three bedroom apartment downstairs is brightly lit and modernly accessorized. Here you will find a flat-screen cable television with DVD player, providing entertainment during late nights or lazy days. A decorative fireplace compliments the bright yellow environment. Three windows are placed throughout these rooms, allowing sunlight to illuminate the nicely-colored walls and lend a spirited energy to the apartment.
The tiled open-kitchen is well-equipped with most home-cooking amenities. Incorporated here are a freezer, oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and more! The black-and-white tiled, blue walled shared bathroom offers a shower, tub, window, and skylight.
Bedford-Stuyvesant is a lively Brooklyn neighborhood with a proud history, and is nearby other popular Brooklyn neighborhoods such as Crown Heights. Largely residential with plenty of brownstones, on the north/south thoroughfares you will discover a range of enjoyable attractions, bars, and restaurants. Below are just a few suggestions of what to check out during your stay.
- Brooklynite Gallery: Art Gallery. 0.7mi/1.2km to the south
- House of Art Gallery: Art Gallery. (Just 1/2 mile or 750 meters south!)
- Prospect Park (the huge grassy expanse in the middle of the Brooklyn map): accessible via a combination of bus and subway
- Brooklyn Museum (the second largest art museum in New York!): on the northern edge of Prospect Park, about 2.3 miles away (approx. 3.7 km)
- Miss Master’s Closet: Vintage shop on Bedford Avenue, which also has a bike shop, cafes and the Black Swan bar
- Goodbye Blue Monday: Indie bar/live music/ poetry/ café. 0.8mi/1.3km to the east
- Peaches: Famous Southern fare for brunch or dinner (7 blocks south or about 650m)
- M & M Community Laundry: Laundromat. 0.7mi/1.1km
- Marcus Garvey Boulevard, one block west (about 290 meters) has delis, ATMs and a supermarket for your daily needs.
For public transportation around Brooklyn and into Manhattan, walk to Gates Avenue and Broadway (0.8mi/1.2km) to take the J or Z trains. A bit closer, you can walk to Utica Avenue and Fulton Street (0.7mi/1.2km) for the A or C trains -- the A train runs express for quick service to Manhattan!
Please note that there is a dog in this apartment, cared for by a roommate.
Review by: Nicolas L.,
Jan 12 2014
Apartment Share Rental: 4 months
The dream house! This was my third stay in NYC and I have to say I don't think it is possible to find a better place.
Review by: Bénédicte D.,
Nov 26 2013
Apartment Share Rental: 3 months
I couldn't have wished for a better owner and roommate than Gloria: hospitable, extremely friendly, very flexible.