|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|Sep 01 2022||open||2||
|information:Available upon request. 5 to 6 months.|
If you are searching for the ideal Paris location -- the perfect place to indulge in a new culture and magnificent landscape -- look no further. This gorgeous one bedroom apartment is in Les Halles, an area that ranges over the 1st and 2nd arrondissements, considered the heart of the city! Situated off of the intersection of Rue Tiquetonne and Rue Saint Denis (2nd arrondissement), this apartment resides on the second floor (considered the 3rd floor by Americans) of a five-story walk-up 18th century building. Included in this building is a coded security system to allow private entry. Complete with all the amenities of a lived-in home, you will find this eclectic living space to be positioned in a most optimal section of the city of Paris!
This bold apartment is decorated with the type of ornate but classic style reminiscent of Americans in the early 20th century - with a modern twist! The living room walls are painted a peachy orange, and area rugs are scattered atop red tiled "tomette" floors, a classic French element. Two windows face west, viewing the serene courtyard and allowing fresh air to circulate the home. Various hip and offbeat chairs are placed about the room, and a cable television is included to entertain during days spent inside. Plenty of lamps offering additional light are supplied, and a dining table stands by one corner, tempting you to stay home for dinner and perhaps try that French recipe you recently discovered! An unconventional china cabinet takes center stage in the separate kitchen, and houses sufficient dishware. This area is spacious and flamboyant, emitting character and an attitude all its own! Incorporated here are a microwave, oven, coffeemaker, toaster and fridge. Much like its counterparts, the ample bedroom possesses an eclectic energy. A full-sized bed lies to the back of the room, near a large closet with full-length mirrors, great for storing clothes and admiring your new Paris chic clothing. Paintings scatter the walls, and a lime green rug pops with color. Also available is a free-standing rack for hanging items. The bathroom includes a shower, tub, fresh towels, and a toilet.
The second arrondissement of Paris includes not only part of Les Halles, but the Bourse - Sentier - Montorgueil areas, and is part of the very heart of the city! Extensive attractions are presented here:
- the Forum des Halles, practically outside this building’s door, where you can shop underground and marvel at various sculptures, mosaics, and fountains!
- the spectacular Eglise Saint-Eustache, around the corner from the apartment on the rue Montmartre and the Rue du Jour, a church whose strange appearance is due to its permanently incomplete construction.
- the Musee du Louvre (3 metro stops away with a transfer), housing the Musee des Arts Decoratifs; the former spanning eight individually themed departments and the latter being just one of those departments, presenting works of decorative art.
- the Palais Royal is just down the street from the apartment off of Rue Étienne Marcel, the former seat of royal power decorated with a breathtaking garden and modern sculptures.
- the classic Paris theatre La Comédie Française (1.1 meters or about .7 miles) is an excellent opportunity for entertainment and culture.
- the Saint-Jacques Tower, a gothic tower with interesting history (2 metro stops away). If you like what you see there, don’t miss Sainte-Chapelle on the Ile de la Cité, considered one of Paris’s finest examples of gothic architecture!
- for restaurants, cafes, and bakeries, walk down Rue Tiquetonne to Rue Montorgueil, one street to the west.
Plenty of Paris metro stations surround you, giving options of getting around the city. To board Line 4, walk just around the corner to Paris Metro station Étienne Marcel (220 meters or .14 miles). For a grand sight to behold, stroll a bit further to the Châtelet - Les Halles metro station, the largest underground station in the world, to catch the 1, 4, 11, 14, A, B, and D trains as well as the RER A, B and D, great for getting to and from airports and other transit hubs out of the City of Lights!
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.