|start date||end date||sleeps||month||information|
|information:Electric, cable & wireless Internet included - $115 cleaning fee|
This two-story fully-furnished duplex apartment is located in Harlem, NYC. Situated on West 119th Street and Lenox Avenue, the apartment occupies the first and basement level (considered ground and basement in Europe) of a 4-story walk-up brownstone building. The building includes a keypad lock and video intercom system for guest entry, as well as a serene backyard terrace area providing peace of mind just outside your front door!
The upper level of this nicely-equipped living space includes a living room and dining area. Included in the modernly-accessorized living room are a single-sized futon and two queen size air mattresses for guest accommodation. Also in this room is a cable television with DVD player, providing entertainment during lazy days inside. A large north-facing window with flowing white curtains allows the sunshine to brighten and ventilate the abode. A shelving unit stands near the television providing storage space, and there is also a closet in this space for hanging things. The open kitchen includes the major appliances as well as a long dining table situated next to the backyard-facing window. The last room on this floor is a full bathroom with a modern bowl sink and rainfall shower. From this floor, access to the private (and furnished!) backyard terrace is available.
The lower level contains a room (Living Room #2 on the floorplan) with two queen size bed and two closets for storing items. A second full bathroom is available on this floor, and also includes a shower. Please note: As this room is in the basement, there are no windows on this level.
Harlem is a lively community in Manhattan celebrating culture and the arts. Here you will find various must-see attractions near the apartment off of 119th Street and Lenox Avenue, just north of the 116th Street shopping thoroughfare. Listed below are just a few options:
- Marcus Garvey Park, a lovely green square just 1 street north, with a public outdoor swimming pool that is available in the summer; Central Park is also within walking distance, 9 streets south.
- The Apollo Theatre: Located at 253 W. 125th Street, a little over 3/4 of a mile from the building (about 1.4 km), this is the legendary venue that has hosted legendary artists such as Billie Holiday, Mariah Carey and Ne-Yo
- Studio Museum in Harlem: Located almost next door to the Apollo, hit this spot to take in some modern art, with special exhibits focusing on Harlem
- Columbia University: Located on Harlem's west side next to the Hudson, this prestigious college offers many cultural events throughout the year (about 1 mile or 1.6 km away by foot)
- Abyssinian Baptist Church: Located at 174 W. 136th Street.
- The Hamilton Grange National Memorial: Stroll further uptown to 141st Street (or grab the B or C train for 2 short stops) to visit the home of U.S. Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. Visit the Morningside Heights area in Harlem to learn more about New York History -- Harlem was also headquarters to important events in the United States Revolutionary War!
For public transportation around Manhattan, hop on the 2 or 3 trains at 116th Street and Lenox Avenue, just 3.5 blocks or approx. 450m from the apartment for rent. These trains run express to downtown, facilitating transit to other sights! Central Park is one stop away, while the Lincoln Center is rachable in 3 stops, and Times Square in 4!
Apartment floor plans in this site are not drawn to scale. They are an indication of the general layout and are intended as a guide only. Nothing contained in them should be considered to be an exact blueprint or statement of fact or warranty.