Studio Apartment in Battery Park (NY-9990)
Studio, 1 Bathroom - Sleeps
Please note that this apartment in not furnished.
This studio apartment for rent is located on South End Avenue and Albany Street in the Manhattan neighborhood of Battery Park. It sits on the 14th floor (considered 13th in Europe) of an elevator building. Provided for all residents of the building is a laundry room and full-time doorman, creating a convenient and hassle-free environment. The studio, featuring a wall-to-wall window, offers a breathtaking view of the Statue of Liberty and Hudson River!
This studio appears modern and high-end, incorporating most necessary accessories for a lived-in home. Hard wood floors line the dwelling’s base and ample window. The open-kitchen area is placed to the right of the main door and provides a bar/island to accommodate surface space for meals, workloads, or recreational activities. Most necessary cooking appliances are available here, including a freezer, oven, microwave and fridge. The private bathroom includes a shower and tub.
Perhaps the most alluring element of this modern NYC living space is the view from the wall-to-wall window. Imagine waking up every morning to the Statue of Liberty and southern Manhattan skyline! Additionally, this large window brightens up the apartment with natural light, and supplies ventilation.
Air conditioning is available for hot summer days.
The Battery Park area is a Downtown Manhattan community nearest the Financial District (think Wall Street and One World Trade Center), Tribeca, and the borough of Brooklyn. Here, there are various nearby sights to see and attractions to experience! Listed below are just a few suggestions of what to do during your stay:
- Battery Park: Take in the view of the city’s harbor in this gorgeous park. Located at Battery Pl. at State St., New York, NY 10004. Accessible via foot.
- City Hall: The meeting hall for City Council and its committees. Located at Broadway at Murray St., New York, NY 10007. Accessible via foot or train.
- Ellis Island Immigration Museum: This museum recreates the immigration inspection experience. Located at 1 Ellis Island, New York, NY 10004. Accessible via ferry in Battery Park.
- Ground Zero: Pay your respects to the victims of 9/11 here, as you stand in the place the World Trade Center once towered. Located at Church St. at Barclay St., New York, NY 10007. Accessible via foot or train.
- Staten Island Ferry: Take this free boat ride past the Statue of Liberty to NYC’s borough of Staten Island, where you can then visit museums, bars, restaurants, and a zoo! Located at 4 South St., New York, NY 10004. Accessible via foot or train.
- South Street Seaport: Visit the South Street Seaport Museum here, and shop at the various stores available in this commercial space. Located at 19 Fulton St., New York, NY 10038. Accessible via foot or train.
- New York Stock Exchange: Visit this gorgeous piece of architecture, and what some consider Wall Street’s most recognizable exterior. Located at 18 Broad St., New York, NY 10005. Accessible via foot.
- Statue of Liberty: This iconic statue is a must-see for all tourists. Located at 1 Liberty Island, New York, NY 10004. Accessible via ferry in Battery Park.
- The Skyscraper Museum: Lovers of architecture must visit this museum, which focuses on the past, present, and future of high-rise buildings. Located at 39 Battery Pl., New York, NY 10280. Accessible via foot.
- Museum of Jewish Heritage: This museum pays homage to those who lost their lives during the Holocaust. Located at 36 Battery Pl., New York, NY 10280. Accessible via foot.
- National Museum of the American Indian: This museum displays Native American art, culture, and artifacts. Located at 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004. Accessible via foot or train.
- CVS/Pharmacy: Shop for your pharmaceutical and basic household needs here. Located at 129 Fulton St, New York. Accessible via foot or train.
For public transportation around Manhattan and into other New York boroughs:
- Rector Street and Liberty Street: Offering the 1 train. 0.3mi/500m.
- Rector Street and Trinity Place: Offering the N and R trains. 0.3mi/500m.
- Wall Street and Broadway: Offering the 4 and 5 trains. 0.4mi/600m.
- Air Conditioning,
- Laundry inside the building,
- Pets not allowed,
- Smoking not permitted,